Alaskaiceclimbing.com Redesign

View History of 11/12 Season Posts

Re: Alaskaiceclimbing.com Redesign

Postby CaptG » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:47 pm

John, who is this?

http://cragalaska.com/photos/pre2002p2/ ... 1__gb.html

I just don't care that you climbed a 3rd pitch to Inhibitions. That's cool, as long as someone documents it. I know it's one of the 3 in this photo.

http://cragalaska.com/miniguide/mg28.jpg

cheers,
--eddie
CaptG
brumal docent

Postby johnkelley » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:55 am

A third and a fourth pitch. I already posted a picture of the fourth pitch looking down remember?

I don't know who that is. I would guess, from looking at the caption, it's Steve Garvey? Sould I post pictures of my deceased friends now too? WTF does this have to do with anything?
johnkelley
web junkie

Postby CaptG » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:25 pm

It's the spirit, this is getting so damn old that I was hoping you knew him personally so as to bring some light into this dark never ending fiasco. He had a way of doing that. Never mind. Worked for me. I'm done.

I'll be sure to mention a 3rd and 4th on my website. I don't care if you care or not.

gone climbing,
--eddie
CaptG
brumal docent

Postby alpineessence » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:37 pm

So, back to the meat of the question posed, do folks think it would be awesome to at least showcase/get in the guide some of the mixed routes we have here in Alaska so that we can spurr further route development and get more Alaska people climbing hard? And, if so can we get that process going?

Sam
alpineessence
brumal docent

Postby wayne pence » Wed May 30, 2012 9:29 am

That sounds like a great idea Sam! Considering there's always a bunch of lines no one has done out there, as we do live in Alaska, it would be cool to get some info on what areas are untapped and could be developed. It doesn't matter who got/gets the first ascent as long as we're having fun :)
wayne pence
neophyte

Previous

Return to 2011-2012 Season